Using Escher Technologies' tools in teaching
Teaching formal methods of software development
Perfect Developer Free Edition
makes modern formal methods
easy to teach and enjoyable to learn.
- Provides easy-to-learn specification notation based on programming language constructs
- Teaches fundamental concepts including preconditions, postconditions, loop invariants etc.
- Lets students develop and run real Java or C++ programs from specifications
- Supports object-oriented development using the
Verified Design-by-Contract paradigm
- Automated theorem prover to take the hard work out of verification
Teaching high-integrity embedded C development
For those teadhing high-integrity software development in C, Escher C Verifier Free Edition
offers the following:
- Supports Design-by-Contract programming in C
- Automated theorem prover to verify the contracts and other soecifications
- Checks more than 50% of the MISRA-C 2012 rules providing an introduction to MISRA-C without the need for additional tools
- Partial support for C++ available
Both tools run on a choice of Windows or Linux platform.
Examples of how different universities have used our tools
Teaching materials for university staff
View our on-line tutorials